POSTAL ASSISTANTS SELECTED FOR THE YEAR 2009-10 ARE TO BE APPOINTED WITH AN IN-HOUSE TRAINING BEFORE FORMAL INDUCTION TRAINING
West Bengal Circle Office has circulated a decision of the Postal Directorate, New Delhi, to offer appointment to the selected Postal Assistants against the vacancies for the years 2009-10, with an in-house training without delaying for the formal induction training.
The excerpts from the order of the Directorate circulated under our Circle Office no. Rectt/ R-8/ Direct Quota/ 2009-10 dated 22.11.2010 are reproduced below.
No. 60-9 / 2010-SPB-I
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi - 110001
Dated 10 November, 2010
All Chief Post Masters General.
Sir / Madam,
.............. at present there is acute shortage of Postal Assistants/ Sorting Assistants (PAs/SAs) in the Circles with the result that many references are received from VIPs pointing out the shortage. Apart from it the issue of shortage of staff is raised in both the Houses of Parliament. ........
2. As per the procedure being followed the candidates selected for appointment of PA / SA after the completion of pre-appointment formalities viz. character and antecedents verification, medical examination and verification of their educational certificates are required to undergo training in PTCs before their services could be utilized. This often causes delay in making the offer of appointments because of nonavailability of seats with the result that they start looking for opportunities elsewhere and ultimately a good percentage of the selected candidates does not become available for appointment and the vacancies remain unfilled.
3. The matter has been considered in the Directorate and it has been decided by the competent authority that the Circles should take immediate action to ensure that the pre-appointment formalities of the candidates are completed at the earliest. In this regard following time-line may be followed :
- Declaration of results -------------- by 21.11.2010.
- Issue of offer of appointment ...... -------------- by 10.12.2010.
- Completion of pre-appointment formalities ------ by 10.02.2011.
- Issue of appointment order -------------- by 25.02.2011.
5. On completion of the pre-appointment formalities in respect of the candidates they may straight away be issued offer of appointment by the Circles. This would motivate them to join as PA/SA immediately. Thereafter when they join they may be deputed for training as soon as the slots become available in the PTCs (Postal Training Center). Pending their training the Circle may issue their posting orders and commence their in house training by chalking out the course as far as possible based on PTC syllabus depending on the resources available with them. ........
Copy To: DDG (Training)'
As per the spirit of the above observation by the Directorate, the Circle Union requests all Divisional Secretaries and organisers to closely watch over the progress of the joining procedure so that it is not delayed at any stage. Circle Union will meet the Chief Postmaster General on Wednesday / Thursday with the request to instruct all Divisional Heads clearly and accurately, as some of them have made few correspondences seeking clarifications.
Candidates and their guardians may please keep close contact with our secretaries and try to expedite the verification procedure by contacting respective authorities, if possible.