JOINT EXTENDED CIRCLE WORKING COMMITTEE HELD : PROGRAMS FOR STRIKE CAMPAIGNING ANNOUNCED
The Joint Extended Circle Working Committee held today at 13th floor auditorium of Yogayog Bhavan has discussed the backdrop of the call of revived indefinite strike from 17th January 2012. All Divisional Secretaries were present and presented their views and plans. Dates of joint working committees of all divisions have also been finalised.
The meeting has laid down following preparatory programs to be observed, in addition to those already announced :
- On 26.12.2011 : hunger fast from 10 AM to 5 PM at Circle Office and Siliguri R.O.
- On 04.01.2012 : seminar at at 5-30 P.M. at Centenary Hall, Kolkata University. Subject: 'Occupy Wall Street & Fight of Workers of Maruti-Suzuki' by Com. Tapan Sen, General Secretary, CITU.
- On 05.01.2012 : sit-in demonstration at all divisions from 12 noon to 4 P.M.
- On 12.01.2012 : wearing badges demanding settlement of strike demands. The content of the badge will be notified by Circle Unions.
- From 14.01.2012 to 16.01.2012 : gate meetings at all offices for publicity of strike demands in national interests.