POSTAL COORDINATION COMMITTEE HAS ISSUED STRIKE GUIDELINES
As the department appears completely reluctant to the justified demands notified through the 18-Point Strike Charter of Demnads, the Indefinite Strike from 13th July 2010 is going to materialise inevitably. The NFPE Group of Circle Unions in West Bengal Circle under the banner of Postal Coordination Committee, West Bengal Circle have issued guidelines for conducting the strike through circular no. 6 dated 7th July 2010.
The points in the circular is reproduced below.
1. Strike will commence from 6 A.M. of 13th July 2010. In case of RMS / MMS employees, the time is the time of commencement of that day's duty.
2. Officials holding charge of the office or joint custodian will keep the keys of the office safely with themselves unless any representative of the Department instructs to handover the keys UNDER RECEIPT.
3. Conducting the strike may need fund, comrades are to ensure keep sufficient fund ready well in advance.
4. Leadership will remain serious to maintain integrity of the staffs, so that they are not confused by any propaganda of the media or postal administration.
5. If in any case the administration wants to know any information from the staff regarding strike, they should reply only in one line : ' I will act as per the directive / decision of the Postal Joint Council of Action. '
6. All the Circle Union offices will remain open round the clock from 10 A.M. of 13th July 2010 till withdrawal of strike. All Branch / Divisional Unions will keep frequent contact with respective Circle Union.
7. Huge gathering of staffs with flag, festun, banner etc. should be arranged in front of the bigger offices daily during the days of the strike. Branch/ divisional unions have to arrange to maintain the record of the participants in that gathering. Local people, people's representatives of the locality and media should be contacted for the purpose of propaganda of our views as maximum as possible. Lively contact should be maintained with sister organisations like CGCC & 12th July Committee. The program & gathering should continue even on Sundays / holidays within the strike period.
8. The Circle Unions have unanimously decided that, for realistic reasons, ONLY THE ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD ALONE ( e.g., Chief Postmaster, Sr. Postmaster, SPOs, SSPOs etc.) will be allowed to enter the office. At Circle / Regional levels, Officers from Director and its higher rank will be allowed. OTHER OFFICERS / OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE OFFICE.
ALL COMRADES ARE REQUESTED TO DISCHARGE THEIR INDIVIDUAL AND COLLECTIVE ORGANISATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES WITH PATIENCE, COURAGE, CONFIDENCE AND WISDOM.