FIRST CIRCLE CONFERENCE OF AIPEU GDS (NFPE), WEST BENGAL CIRCLE
The 1st West Bengal Circle Conference of the new AIPEU GDS (NFPE), the true sine qua non of GDS employees has come out with flying colours yesterday, the 17th June 2012, at Srirampore High School (Com. Nani Banerjee Nagar), South Hooghly Division.
Com. R.N.Parashar, Dy. Secretary General (NFPE), has inaugurated the Circle Conference with 300 delegates, visitors and guests. He also explained the situation under which, after long efforts to keep the S.S.Mahadebaiya-led AIPEDEU with NFPE in the platform of joint movement, it became imperative to form a new union. The pro-administration attitude, reluctance to call for movements and joint movements, dictatorship in the name of leadership, undemocratic style of functioning and unanswered but convincing allegations of lack of transparency in dealing with union fund made our comrades to take a tough decision. Thankfully, our beloved Federation and affiliates are backing this new union strongly.
Circle Secretaries of Group-C (Com. Janardan Majumdar) and Postmasn & Gr-D/MSE (Com. Nirmal Ch. Dey) were present and deliberated in the house at Com. Madan Chakraborty Mancha. Prominent leaders like Com. Shib Sankar Roy, Com. Pijush Roy, Com. Tapan Dasgupta as well as many other Circle office bearers were also present. Though preparation was taken within very short time, the enthusiasm, participation and determination of our comrades reflected in the success of the conference.
A strong Circle Union Committee has been elected unanimously from the conference with Com. Saifuddin Ahmed as President, Com. Bijoy Gopal Sur as Circle Secretary and Com. Tapan Bharati as Financial Secretary.
- On 28th June, country-wide demonstration on 32-point demands of GDS. This program will be held at C.O., North Bengal R.O. and in all suburban divisions from 11 A.M. to 5 P.M. Kolkata Divisions will participate at Yogayog Bhavan and Darjeeling Division will attend the Siliguri R.O.
- At least two GDS comrades from each divisional branch will join Parliament March on 26th July.
- On 27th July, Dharna before Parliament at the call of GDS (NFPE) CHQ with support and participation of NFPE.
- In ensuing State Conference of CGCC, West Bengal, 4-7 November at Howrah, GDS (NFPE) union has to discharge its responsibilities. Subscription of 'Coordination Patrika' has to be increased among GDS comrades.
- Local GDS comrades will participate in Confederation programs in Kolkata on 19th June, at Farakka on 20th June and at Siliguri on 21st June.
- Till verification, monthly subscription of Rs.10/- has to be collected from each member of GDS(NFPE) union under receipt. Circle and CHQ quota will be declared shortly.