STRIKE OF PART-TIME and CONTINGENT-PAID WORKERS IN DEPARTMENT OF POSTS IN WEST BENGAL WILL BE ORGANISED ON 12th FEBRUARY 2010, AS A PART OF ALL BENGAL TOKEN STRIKE OF CONTRACTUAL & NON-REGULAR WORKERS AT THE CALL OF CENTRAL TRADE UNIONS, 12th JULY COMMITTEE & NFPE, IN THE DEMANDS OF LEGITIMATE WAGE, SOCIAL SECURITY & OTHER SERVICE BENEFITS, ACTION AGAINST VIOLATORS OF LABOUR LAWS ETC.
In our department, the full charter of demands are:
- Appointment of Part-time workers in GDS vacant posts.
- Regularisation of all working part-time & DRM workers by revising the relevant rules.
- Granting Temporary status to all Full-time working Part-time workers.
- Immediate release of all due D.A.s with arrears to Part-time workers.
- Minimum 4 hours of work for all Part-time workers with regularisation.
- Granting Maternity Leave to all Part-time workers.
- Issuing identity cards to all Part-time workers.
Strike Notice has been served to all local authorities for observing the strike. Programs given by Postal Coordination Committee through Circular no. 6 dated 19.01.2010 should be sincerely followed by our organisers.