SERVE STRIKE INTIMATION & CHARTER OF DEMANDS TO THE DIVISIONAL HEADS THROUGH DEMONSTRATION ON 20th AUGUST 2010
Our Federation & CHQ have served strike notice alongwith 10-points charter of demands to the Directorate on 17th August 2010 for participation in the strike called by nine Central Trade Unions on 7th September 2010. Alike rest of the country, all trade unions are actively pursuing several kinds of campaigning program explaining the significance and importance of this glorious united movement against the Neo-Liberal anti-labourer economic policy adopted and being propagated by the Congress-TMC led Central Government.
Accordingly, the West Bengal Circle Unions call upon all Branch & Divisional Unions to serve strike intimation with charter of demands to the respective unit heads on 20th August 2010. Please inspire and move to assemble as maximum comrades as possible to observe huge demonstration on that day and popularise the cause and need of this struggle ----- the first of its kind in independent India.
The copy of the strike notice & charter of demand is given below. Please submit it to the Divisional Head with a forwarding intimation letter.
In accordance with the provisions of Sub Section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, we hereby notify that all the Postal/RMS/MMS/Administrative & Postal Accounts Employees and the Gramin Dak Sewaks will observe one day General strike on 07.09.2010. The Charter of Demands is enclosed herewith.
SECRETARY GENERAL NFPE
K.V.SRIDHARAN ISHWAR SINGH DABAS
GENERAL SECRETARY P3[NFPE] GENERAL SECRETARY P4 [NFPE]
GIRI RAJ SINGH P.SURESH
GENERAL SECRETARY R3 [NFPE] GENERAL SECRETARY R4 [NFPE]
PRANAB BHATTACHARJEE P.RAJANAYAGAM
GENERAL SECRETARY ADMN [NFPE] GENERAL SECRETARY AIPAEA [NFPE]
GENERAL SECRETARY AIPEDEU
Charter of Demands
1. Price rise of essential commodities to be contained through appropriate corrective and distributive measures like universal Public Distribution System and containing speculation in commodity market.
2. Concrete proactive measures to be taken for linkage of employment protection in the recession stricken sectors with the stimulate package being offered to the concerned entrepreneurs and for augmenting public investment in infrastructure.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4. Steps to be taken for removal of all restrictive provisions based on poverty line in respect of eligibility of converge of the schemes under the Unorganized Workers Social Security Act 2008 and creation of National Fund for the Unorganized Sector to provide for a National Floor Level Social Security to all unorganized Sector workers including the contract/casual workers in line with the recommendation of National Commission on Enterprises in Unorganized Sector and Parliamentary Standing Committee on Labour.
5. Disinvestment of shares of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) is not resorted to for meeting budgetary deficit and instead their growing reserve and surplus is used for expansion and modernization purpose and also for revival of sick Public Sector Undertakings.
6. Fill up all vacant posts and lift the ban on recruitment and creation of justified posts.
7. Stop outsourcing/contractorisation of Governmental functions
8. Regularise all Gramin Dak Sevaks daily rated workers/employees. Remove the ceiling on compassionate appointments; end the discrimination in the bonus ceiling of GDS employees.
9. withdraw PFRDA bill and extend the statutory defined benefit pension scheme to all Government employees
10. Guarantee right to strike as a fundamental right of employees.