OCCUPY WALL STREET
AN ESSENTIAL ANTI-NEOLIBERAL ECONOMY MOVEMENT : SURVIVING BRUTAL ATTACKS
The Occupy movement is an international protest movement which is primarily directed against economic and social inequality. The first Occupy protest to receive wide coverage was Occupy Wall Street in New York City's Zuccotti Park, which began on September 17, 2011. By October 9, Occupy protests had taken place or were ongoing in over 95 cities across 82 countries, and over 600 communities in the United States. As of December 20 "Occupy Together" listed 2,751 Occupy communities worldwide.
The so-called democratic governments by that time has become terrified by the support and intensity the movement has received world wide. The slogan of the protesters are 'We Are 99%', i.e., the protesters represent the majority of the world who are being deprived for the cream people who comprise the remaining 1%. Brutal attacks, Lathicharge, forceful eviction from gathering places by Police are now daily routines.
You can see in the above video clip (in slow motion) that police (claimed to be Anthony Bologna, Deputy Inspector of New York Police Dapertment) are spraying pepper (Golmorich powder) from a canister in the eyes of the young protesters. They are our brothers and sisters, struggling for their rights, employment and social security.
EXTEND YOUR SUPPORT! TALK ABOUT THEM! COME AT CENTENARY HALL, KOLKATA UNIVERSITY ON 4th JANUARY 2012 AT 5-30 P.M. TO LISTEN TO COM. TAPAN SEN SPEAKING ON 'OCCUPY WALL STREET MOVEMENT & THE GLORIOUS FIGHT OF THE MARUTI-SUZUKI WORKERS'.