TEMPORARY STAY ON ISSUE OF OFFER/LETTER OF APPOINTMENT OR TRAINING ORDER FOR THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES OF 2014 IN P.A. CADRE
An order has been released by Postal Directorate, New Delhi, to hold in abeyance issuing appointment/offer letter to the successful candidates of P.A. cadre for the year 2014. At the sane time, no new training order will be issued for the candidates whose all verifications are completed.
The order says :
1. Issuing letter/offer of appointment should be held in abeyance for those cases where such letter has not already been issued.
2. In the cases where pre-appointment formalities are complete but training order has not yet been issued, no training order will be issued now.
3. In the cases where pre-appointment formalities (verification etc.) are still under process, will continue.
PLEASE NOTE FROM THE ORDER THAT ----
- There is no cancellation of panel etc. The order says 'be held in abeyance till further order' , which clearly reflects that there is no finality in this decision. So no worries.
- The order will not affect the candidates who have joined either in service after training or presently started training. Only no fresh appointment or training order will be issued.
- The department will continue pre-appointment formalities like document verification, Police verification etc., which confirms the panel. So no worries again.
- Candidates who could not start training are panicked and anxious. There are disappointments, so many rumours are in the air, which are spread by some corners with ill-intentions.
- In one division, report has come that though the training was started before arrival of such order, candidates are relieved. At other places, there are similar apprehensions.
- There is uncertainty of removal of this stay.
- Please do not panic. There are several floating news of complaints, court cases, stay orders by court etc. which all are unconfirmed at this stage.
- The Circle Union is demanding immediate removal of this stay and will meet Circle Administration tomorrow. Letter will also be issued. Discontinuation of training which already started is completely irregular as the Directorate order does not say so. It is a result of misinterpretation of the order and Circle Union will demand to resume it tomorrow.
- As the order is issued from New Delhi, approaching West Bengal Circle Administration is not sufficient. We have already e-mailed our General Secretary, Central Headquarters of Group-C Union and Secretary General, Federation Headquarters (NFPE). The text of the mail is reproduced below ---
Surely this is already under your notice that the Postal Directorate, through a whimsical order dated 27.04.2015, has instructed a halt on the process of appointment and joining after training of the new outsider P.A.s who have qualified against the vacancies for the year 2013-14.
This has come like a bolt to the candidates waiting happily for a secured future. Almost of them are under different advanced stages of recruitment. They and their family members have found themselves in severe anxiety due to this sudden order. We are gravely concerned as this unscrupulous order is affecting the innocent candidates at large. Please take up the matter with appropriate level of Directorate at the earliest so that the joining of innocent candidates is not delayed and the issue is clinched in no time.
Circle Secretary (W.B.), Group-C.
- With the results and information from Circle Office and our Central Headquarters, the Circle Secretary will arrange a meeting with the candidates and the divisional secretaries very shortly.